Saturday, June 20, 2009

Jackie and Chris

Yesterday I had the pleasure of providing the flowers for a wedding at the Lyman Estate in Waltham, MA. I met with Jackie and her mom several times during the planning process and they were both great to work with. Jackie wanted her flowers to be soft and romantic with a vintage feel. We used creams and soft golden colors that would compliment both the decor of the Lyman Estate and the teal color that her bridesmaid wore.
The flowers I used were so fragrant! We included freesia and garden roses which both have a gorgeous scent. My studio couldn't have smelled any better. In addition to those we used hydrangea, peonies, queen Ann's lace and lisianthus. She chose freesia blossoms to decorate her cake and it looked so classic and elegant.
Jackie also chose to add a little twist to the tradition of tossing a bouquet. We made bouquet for her to throw that was made up of three smaller bouquets. Once tossed the three separate. Each of the smaller bouquets also had a sweet fortune tied to the handle and hopefully brought the catcher some good luck!
Below are a few photographs courtesy of the couple's photographer Ashley O'Dell. She did an amazing job and I am am thankful that she shared these images with me. Under those is a collage of pictures I took myself.
Best wishes to Jackie and Chris!





No comments: